Ghana National Association of the Deaf (GNAD) is a national association of the Deaf with a national secretariat in Accra and regional branches in all 10 regions of Ghana. GNAD focuses on right-based advocacy to promote the rights of deaf people in the country. GNAD aims to achieve a strong and productive deaf community where deaf people have equal access to quality healthcare, education, information, employment and other public goods and services.
GNAD is looking for interested temporary candidates with appreciable experiences in data collection to support the organization’s data collection around Sexual and reproductive health and rights. The candidates will be expected to conduct one-on-one qualitative data collection with deaf people six districts in Ghana.
- Conduct one-on-one interview with respondents
- Filling of survey questionnaire
- A minimum of diploma/HND/Certificates from any recognized academic institution
- Proven knowledge of the deaf community in one of the project districts mentioned below
- Good understanding of Ghanaian signed language and the signed languages used by the deaf community in the target district/region
- Ability to interpret questionnaire in simple/easy Ghanaian sign language
- Ability to participate in a pre-field training
What the position will offer:
- Expands your knowledge around research, especially the Deaf community
- Opportunity to contribute to a high quality research on sexual, reproductive health and rights
- Chance to participate in high level national dialogues on sexual, reproductive health and rights for deaf people
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of the Ghanaian deaf community
Eligible candidates living or working in the following project districts are eligible to apply;
Upper West Region:
- Wa Municipality District
- Kaloe/Nadowli District
- Cape Coast Municipality
- Agona West
- New Juaben Municipality
- Akwapim North District
Interested candidates should send an application together with CV indicating his/her preferred district and availability and email to the Executive Director, Ghana National Association of the Deaf on email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com . The email subject should read ‘Data Collector Position-1’ not later than April 20th 2018.
Note: Deaf teachers in schools for the Deaf and graduates from the various Tertiary Institutions particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.