Ghana National Association of the Deaf (GNAD), a non – governmental organization of Deaf and hard of hearing is seeking to engage a competent, professional and motivated person as Research Consultant.
GNAD is looking for an experienced researcher or research/consultant with a strong academic research background around Sexual and reproductive health and rights. The ideal candidate will conduct qualitative research into sexual, reproductive health needs of deaf women, adolescents and girls in six districts in Ghana using mixed methods.
- Prepares survey questionnaire and focus group guide
- Review of existing GHS/MOH Sexual and reproductive health and rights policy documents including an analysis of the extent to which current SRH policies benefit deaf people in Ghana.
- Training of data collectors
- Supervises data entry and statistical analysis of collected data
- Prepares comprehensive report
- A minimum of researched Master’s degree and above with previous relevant research experiences around Sexual, reproductive health and rights in developing countries including SCA services. Candidates with taught Master’s degree and above with proven experiences in research around SRHR will be considered
- Proven working knowledge on mixed research methods
- Proven experiences with drafting quality reports that meet national and international academic standard
- An excellent command of the English language
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the Ghanaian deaf community and deaf cultures
- A good knowledge about Ghana’s Sexual and reproductive health and rights policies and ability to analysis current policy documents to identify gaps and make recommendations
- Knowledge about basic Ghanaian sign language will be an asset but not a must
- Ability to complete the work by ending of July, 2018 or early August
What the position will offer:
- Broaden your research knowledge around working with person with disabilities, especially the Deaf Community
- Opportunity to present research findings at high level national dialogues
- Opportunity to represent the Association and present findings at conferences and institutions
Attractive and negotiable.
Closing date is 26th April, 2018. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their CV and short cover letter by email to the Executive Director, Ghana National Association of the Deaf on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . The email subject should read ‘Research Consult Position-I’ not later than April 25th 2018.